Education institutions today face a challenging and frequently changing array of national, state, and local laws and regulations in jurisdictions around the country. Giri Law Associates is a premier law firm with a full-spectrum Education practice. The practice spans the education pipeline from elementary and secondary education through higher education in both private and government owned institutions. In addition to working with education institutions themselves, we represent other organizations in the education sector, such as education associations, education companies, foundations, lenders, and sponsors of public-private partnerships. We assist education clients to comply with applicable law, represent them in transactional matters, help them protect their intellectual property, and defend them in disputes.
We aim to have an intimate understanding of education clients' needs. We stay abreast of education-related developments, listen closely to our clients, and provide legal services adapted to the education environment. We emphasize preventive-law strategies to manage legal risk. Our lawyers work with client in-house counsel and co-counsel to provide cost-effective, high-quality service. Many of our lawyers are part of the counsel of many esteemed universities in the Bihar and Jharkhand.
Our firm handles the many issues facing colleges and universities today, including:
- Governance issues and the relationship between a college and
its trustees and officers Appointment/ recruitment
- Employment issues, including nondiscrimination and afirmative action
- Faculty-related issues, including faculty contracts, promotion, tenure and reduction-in-force
- Student issues, including admissions, housing, campus security, free-speech/speech codes, grades and degrees (including degree revocation), Life, athletics, international travel and disciplinary proceedings
- Real estate issues, including buying, selling, development, zoning and land use regulation
- Issues between a college and the business community, including the purchase of goods and services, private/public partnerships and intergovernmental research and other projects
- Financing, including structuring, documentation and closing of tax exempt and taxable financing
- Rights & duties of minority institutions
- Service matters include the appointment, termination, suspension, pay taxation, salary and other ancillary issues of both teaching and non teaching staff