We, at Giri Law Associates, provide assistance and comprehensive advice on Indirect Taxes including:
- Customs Duty
- Excise Duty
- Sales Tax
- Value Added Tax
- Entry Tax
- Service Tax
- Octroi Duty
We advise our clients in matters of taxation laws and add value to their business and transactions. Our tax attorneys and have a great deal of experience in handling litigations with regard to excise, customs, service tax, sales tax.
We represent our clients before Government Taxation Authorities, Appellate Authorities, High Courts, the Supreme Court of India and other Tribunals. We also represent our clients before the Director General of Foreign Trade, Department of Revenue, Central Board of Excise and Customs and other appropriate authorities.
- Assisting clients in matters relating to tax aspects of commercial transactions, sales, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and reconstruction
- Assisting clients with documentation relating joint ventures, mergers, asset purchase agreements, shareholders agreements and documents relating to financing and employment
- Advising on issues relating to entry tax, excise duty implications and CENVAT
- Handling Litigations with regard to excise, customs,service tax, sales tax
- Advise clients Advance Tax Rulings in respect of a Transaction. The field of excise law is highly diversified, which requires in depth understanding of many forums and courts as these matters involves veracity of issues from grant of licenses, imposition of penalties etc before quasi-judicial authorities to pure contractual disputes, constitutional rights and others before the various courts. Some of such disputes that we have successfully represented include license, award of contract, cancellation, search & seizure etc.